Insurance Claims for Storm Damage in Tulsa
Storm Damage Insurance Claim Lawyers Serving Oklahoma
Oklahoma is no stranger to powerful, seasonal storms, including tornadoes. In fact, Tulsa residents can expect to see several tornadoes during tornado season each year. It should be no surprise that storms over the area can heavily damage property. Yet, insurance companies like to act like this is unusual.
If you need to file an insurance claim for storm damage as a homeowner in Tulsa, you should prepare for resistance from your insurance company. Start by forming your claim with the help of Aizenman Law Group and our storm damage claim attorneys. As former insurance defense attorneys, we know what your insurance company will try to do to deny your insurance claim, and we can counter those tactics effectively.
Prepare your storm damage claim with the professionals. Call (918) 215-8856 now.
Damage Your Property May Suffer in a Storm
The power of a storm or tornado can damage your home in many ways, such as:
- Hail: It is not uncommon for a tornado to generate hail the size of small stones of golf balls. Each piece of hail thrown by the storm poses a serious threat to people and property. Windows can be broken, siding dented, wood shattered, and so forth due to the force of hail.
- Lightning: When there is no tornado near Tulsa, there is a good chance there is a thunderstorm instead. Lightning strikes may devastate properties by starting fires.
- Wind: Gale-force winds from a tornado or storm may sheer paneling, siding, and shingling off your home. There is little you can do to prevent wind damage in a storm, which is why your insurance company is supposed to help you repair it afterwards.
- Flooding: Heavy rainfall can trigger flooding throughout Tulsa, especially land adjacent to the Arkansas River and areas known to be flood plain risks.
Why Would Your Insurer Deny Your Storm Claim?
A favorite trick of insurance companies is denying storm damage claims by convoluting the source of the damage. For example, if a storm causes enough rain to flood your cellar and cause widespread structural damage, your insurance provider might try to argue that the damage is not covered, despite your storm damage policy. Why? At that point, they could say the damage is from flooding, not the storm, which means you need flood damage listed in your policy to get coverage.
Insurance companies are also likely to deny claims in cities and regions known for their natural disasters, like Tulsa and its tornadoes. This is due to the fact that these areas tend to have a multitude of insurance claims all filed at once, which could mean a big overall payout from the insurance company. To try to limit how many damages they pay at once, dishonest insurers may take a wide sweeping approach to claim denials, even when they know most of the denials are unjustified.
How to Prove Storm Damages for Your Insurance Claim
Taking the initiative about the condition of your property is the best way to seek fair coverage from your insurer after a storm. Essentially, your goal should be to make it as difficult as possible for your insurer to deny or delay your claim.
Here are a few steps to follow to improve your chances of a successful storm damage claim in Tulsa:
- Photograph your property in its best condition and under ideal weather.
- Catalogue and photograph your most expensive and important pieces of property, like electronics, appliances, heirlooms, and furniture.
- Supply copies of your photographs and catalogue to your insurer after a storm damages your property for a clear before-and-after comparison.
- Consider hiring an independent appraiser to evaluate your property’s damages, so you don’t have to rely on the word of an appraiser paid by your insurer.
- Call an attorney for further guidance, support, and legal representation, if need be.
Our Tulsa storm damage claim attorneys of Aizenman Law Group are eager to help you pursue maximized coverage after a storm or tornado damages your property. It is our passion to take dishonest insurance companies head-on and secure a victory for people in need! Call us at (918) 215-8856 to learn more about our services, or to schedule a FREE consultation.
Professional, Kind & Helpful!- Morgan
Excellent attorney and staff.- Anonymous
He helped me to get compensated.- Meghan
He went above and beyond for me many times.- William
A lawyer with integrity and patience!- Zev R.
$30,000 Car Dealership Fraud
$950,000.00 Medical Malpractice
$200,000 Motor Vehicle Accident
$75,000 Motor Vehicle Accident
$50,000 Motor Vehicle Accident
$100,000 Motor Vehicle Accident
$80,000 Motor Vehicle Accident
$78,000 Motor Vehicle Accident
$75,000 Motor Vehicle Accident
$22,000 Motor Vehicle Accident
No Fees Unless & Until We Win
We take each case seriously, and will not ask for fees or costs until we win your case.
Willing to Fight for Our Clients
No matter the size of their case, we are committed to providing clients with care and attention.
Always Prepared to Go to Trial
While other firms are quick to settle, we are always prepared to go to trial, if necessary.
Successful Verdicts & Settlements
Our firm boasts an extensive track record of successful advocacy for the injured.
Available & Accessible Legal Team
We are available 24/7/365 to take your calls and offer flexible hours and scheduling.
Former Insurance Defense Attorneys
As former defense attorneys, our team possesses valuable insight into insurance company tactics.